To donate online, click the DONATE button. You may use a credit or debit card, or a PayPal account if you have one. Please include your name and address so we can acknowledge your tax-deductible donation. Unless required by law, we will never share your information with anyone outside the Summit Volunteer First Aid Squad.
You may also send a check made payable to The Summit Volunteer First Aid Squad. to
PO Box 234
Summit, NJ 07902-0234
Suggested Giving Levels:
Friend at $50
Supporter at $100
Silver Patron at $250 and up
Gold Patron at $500 and up
Platnum Patron at $1,000 and up
Diamond Patron at $2,500 and up
The Summit First Aid Squad is funded entirely through private donations. We do not receive any tax dollars from the City of Summit or any other government agency. We are not a United Way agency.
The bulk of our income comes from our Annual Fund Drive. Other sources of revenue include:
Our Annual Fund Drive is mailed to each Summit residence and business in September. Like all of our services, the Fund Drive is administered by volunteers. Unlike some organizations, we do not use any outside marketing agencies or professional fund raisers nor do we solicit donations by phone. As a result, we can assure our contributors that 100% of all donations made will directly benefit the First Aid Squad and the people it serves.
The annual Fund Drive typically covers only about 80% of our operating budget. The remaining 20% must be met from donations, memorials, grants and interest on a few investments. Our annual operating budget reflects the cost to provide our service from day-to-day. It does not cover capital expenses such as major building repairs or new ambulances.
It is estimated that a full-time paid ambulance service for the City of Summit would cost in excess of $1 million per year.